InAbsinthia

Hello everyone!

Just joined up after finding this link somewhere, but as I've been on an absinthe information orgy, I'm not exactly sure where I found it.

My name is Jonathan Arnold, and I live in Medford MA, just outside of Boston. I'm a cocktail fanatic and love to mix various drinks. I had been dying to try absinthe for a while and a very nice friend of mine, and cocktail cohort, brought back a bottle of Nouveau-Orleans from his recent trip to Paris. He picked that up for me and a bottle of Blanchette for him - is that a good friend or what?

We've since tried both, as well as two different La Fee Absinthe bottles (the regular and the "shooter strength") ordered online. We've liked them all, but still hold Nouveau-Orleans as the favorite.

As I said, I've been on an absinthe information crusade and find the history fascinating. I've been researching old newspapers and other sources and hope to write some more about it in the future. I'm reading a couple of different books (Hideous Absinthe and Conrad's Absinthe), scanning the web and just gathering up info. We started a web site / blog to write about our absinthe activities. You can find a link in my profile.

I'm looking forward to soaking up more info, wisdom and sagacity here at the Wormwood Society forums. Hope to be contributing more!

I'm looking forward to soaking up more info, wisdom and sagacity here at the Wormwood Society forums.

There's plenty of it, so just stay around. Welcome.

Nice little thingy, that blog you've started. Looks promising.

Yep, nicely put! The words "absinthe" and "shooter" should never appear in the same document, however. Matter of fact, they should outlaw the term "shooter" entirely.

:cheers: --Doc.

Thanks everyone! Yup, my girls are the jewels in my crown, for sure. They have grown a bit since that picture was taken 3 years ago, and are now 6 & 7, and very active. The older one like to pick out cocktails for me to try from some of the more colorful cocktail books I have.

As for the "shooter strength" Le Fee, I'm in perfect agreement when it comes to outlawing "shooters". Can't stand the things. But basically it is just one you might think about drinking straight, as it is "only" 45% alcohol, not the 68% of the "regular" stuff. Both had a slightly unnatural look to them, but the it was possible to sip the 45% label. I tried some of the Nouveau-Orleans straight and it was pretty damned overwhelming!

Well come, Jonathan! :cheers:

I tried some of the Nouveau-Orleans straight and it was pretty damned overwhelming!

I was quite overwhelmed by it when it was perfectly well diluted too - in the most positive way. It's also one of my favourites, really tasty and... just fantastic.

Welcome.

I was visiting your website. It is very nice and all but I would like to make a suggestion.

Would you please remove the link to Absinthebuyersguide? The reason that I am asking this is because the guy who runs that place is a bad person who offended and hurt some of the more beloved and respected members of our little community.

Other than that, I like your site.

Besides there isn't really any "guide" at all, it's just a semi inaccurate FAQ, basic history and a bunch of bottle pictures with a link to alandia to buy them. It's a shills site poorly hiding as a "guide."

Welcome.

I was visiting your website. It is very nice and all but I would like to make a suggestion.

Would you please remove the link to Absinthebuyersguide? The reason that I am asking this is because the guy who runs that place is a bad person who offended and hurt some of the more beloved and respected members of our little community.

Other than that, I like your site.

Thanks for the complements - it is still very much a work in progress and we're feeling our way as we go along. Removing the link sounds like a very good idea and I'll suggest that it be done asap. Any other comments, catcalls and criticisms are more than welcome, esp. if you have ideas that don't seem to be covered anywhere else.