Arthur

Jax Beach Newbie

That totally works for me. It also achieves that that hard-to-nail "crystal meth lab" ambience we all work so hard for.  :headbang:

--Doc.

Yes, there's something about chem labware that just kills the romatic look. But crystal meth? No. I prefer to think the next generation of natural painkiller.

My wife has already informed me that I am on a strict budget and cannot go wild.

Welcome. How obsessive are you in your hobbies? Hopefully, your wife likes to play too. If so, I encourage her to hang on for the ride. Right T73? :cheers:

Welcome!

If your budget is that tight, I'd second dropping the "Lemercier Absinthe Amer 72", but rather suggest you substitute the "Eichelberger". A great value (easy on the wallet) and has a great reputation. Half the cost of the high-end Jades!

My wife has already informed me that I am on a strict budget and cannot go wild.

Welcome. How obsessive are you in your hobbies? Hopefully, your wife likes to play too. If so, I encourage her to hang on for the ride. Right T73? :cheers:

Obsessive. To the point of distraction. Yes, you're right. I must bend her to my will!

Welcome!

If your budget is that tight, I'd second dropping the "Lemercier Absinthe Amer 72", but rather suggest you substitute the "Eichelberger".  A great value (easy on the wallet) and has a great reputation.  Half the cost of the high-end Jades!

Graci, graci, bueno, mucho gusto yaya. The Ike is pressing into the lead. But the verdammte freight! I curse the day I ever heard the words courier freight!

My first fountain. I chose plastic for the convenience of removing the small opening on top. Ice is easier to add. ;) 

:) That is mighty clever. My guess is plastic is also cheaper than glass. Is this true?

I'm curious, how small are the openings at the top. I presume too small for an ice cube.

I think we need ring stand in the shape of the Green Fairy.

Thank You.

The hole in the top is about an inch and a quarter, smaller than my ice cubes but there are ice molds for sticks instead of cubes.

In the Gadgets & Gizmos area go to Show Off Your Gear. You'll see a number of very clever fountains. The fairy holder is post #104. There are good ideas shared by all. Have fun with it.

:cheers:

Welcome Arthur! :cheers:

Dang. What am I doing wrong? My posts keep apending to my original note instead of replying to the person I intended.

The threads here are all linear, unlike LiveJournal and other sites where you can start side threads within threads. If we could do that here, it would be total chaos.