Arthur

Jax Beach Newbie

Ari informed me that it would be rude not to introduce myself so I scampered right over. Well, my name is Arthur and I am delighted to find this forum for a new fun hobby. My wife has already informed me that I am on a strict budget and cannot go wild. So maybe 1/2 wild? I have yet to taste absinthe but after all my reading I am convinced that I will get my money's worth of enjoyment from a safe and wonderful beverage. I even got the chemists at work to give me an unused 500ml seperation funnel from the lab. It is open at the top and has a stopcock at the bottom. Not very romantic looking but it will serve as an adequate method of dribbling the water over the spoon. I figure 4.5oz water will be dispensed in 7 minutes if I do 3 drops per second. I also have a box of old plate silver that my sister gave me to make wind chimes. I recall seeing perforated/gilded serving spoons and forks that look suspiciously like absinthe spoons. Wow, too much thinking and fantasizing. I need to get on with it. I look forward to meeting you in the future and sharing the experience. Thanks for the space to express myself.

Hey Bill. Yes, I have selected Kub53, Mont, & Lemercier Absinthe Amer 72 based on Hiram's review list. If I feel frisky maybe I will bite the bullet and get Jade Edouard too. I have no idea whom to buy from. I looked at Markus Lion at Absinthe-Distribution and the UK company, I forget their name. Markus' prices seem 10-15% better than the other but what freaks me out is the freight. Egads! Any suggestions you have I will surely pounce on. Thanks.

So maybe 1/2 wild?

Man, sexism at work again. Being a gal, the mister has allowed me to go 4/5 wild. Apologies, and welcome to the place!

sand

Welcome! :cheers:

May I suggest losing the Lemercier Absinthe Amer 72 and getting the Jade VS65? Then you will have a well balanced, nutritious , and higher quality selection. I also believe you are thinking of Liqueurs de France for ordering your wares.

Agreed.

Since you were toying with the idea of getting the Jade in addition to the Amer, then chosing it instead should be no problem.

Now you can toy with the idea of pushing your budget to add a cheaper fourth bottle, and there are many I would pick before the Amer.

Everything on your list so far ( assuming you replace the Lemercier with a Jade ) can be bought either through Markus or Liqueurs de France. Finding an interesting and inexpensive fourth bottle at either shop is effortless.

I'm intrigued by your invention of the seperation funnel fountain. (And I like how it sounds. :D ). I may pursue the idea myself. Thanx.

And welcome. :cheers:

Everything on your list so far ( assuming you replace the Lemercier with a Jade ) can be bought either through Markus or Liqueurs de France. Finding an interesting and inexpensive fourth bottle at either shop is effortless.

Sure, finding a fourth bottle is effortless but deciding which one? That's the problem.

Take a look at the list ol' Doc Cocktail posted. :cheers:

Welcome and I agree drop the Amer and add VS or ED. Also, I think FG for a 4th would do nicely (it's big and cheep and one has to try it eventually. You may really like it).

Welcome aboard Arthur!

Guys, I like the Amer. François Guy is also a great one. You get your money's worth there. Personally I stay away from the Clandestines because they all taste like watered down milk to me, for some reason.

Anyway, happy to see you Arthur. New members are always welcome.

My first fountain. I chose plastic for the convenience of removing the small opening on top. Ice is easier to add. ;)