Sign in to follow this  
Toqueville

Introduction on the rocks...

Greetings,

I've lurked around for a while though I've only recently registered. I inevitably return here from time to time since I know not a soul who is into absinthe outside of this ridiculous interweb.

Well, I guess introductions are in order since I'm allready a bit familiar with a few of you if not only from your posts.

I'm on a bit of a bender after one hellacious workweek. I'm male, 31 years young and haven't eaten vegetables since the 3rd grade. I do well financially, but I have little semblance of a life because of this. I'm not new to absinthe but I've strayed from the path long ago and am just beginning to find my way again.

What little free time I do have is spent outdoors. Mountain climbing, walking on the beach or just shooting stuff apart. Luckily, I live in a rural coastal town and can do pretty much whatever I want without fear of intervention. I'm an AM radio junkie and my Plasma screen often has Bill O' Reilly's mug on it. I'm a creature of habit, but there is little that I don't wish to reform.

When I grow up I want to win the lottery, don't you?

Any questions? ASK.

Welcome!

I have a good friend who will not eat any fruit or vegetables whatsoever. He has some sort of psychological aversion to them. When he was 8 or so, he got scurvy. Since then however, he's been quite healthy. Interesting to find somebody else with (I assume) the same aversion.

:cheers:

I'm aware of 'The Lottery', Great story.

O'Reilly's face has no numbers beneath it, just an annoying yellow endlessly repeating news ticker.

As far as what brought my interest back in regards to absinthe I have only the most nefarious of reasons. Let's see..

In the beginning, an uber-goth girlfriend that was 10 years my senior first turned me onto it back in 92 or 93. I had some again while on an all expenses paid trip to Bosnia thanks to President Clinton in 99. After that I guess I pretty much got caught up in microbrews until I heard a news blurb regarding some bloke that dissapeared on a cruise ship. The report contained some comments on absinthe and suggested that it, not foul play or murphy's law...was to blame. This was a few months ago. "I though, what a crock" and since then have bought several differant bottles. French, Czech and Swiss and still have yet to cut my ear off or write the next great American novel. I'm out of all but the Czech swill and am drinking wine at the moment.

I found this place in a web search. I was immediately impressed with the wealth of knowledge many of the posters had. I'm glad to be here becoming more informed amongst such enlightened individuals and hope to not make too much of a fool of myself in the process. Too late you say? Oh well.....

I want to win the "Solar Lottery"...

I always figured Bill had numbers on his forehead. Three numbers.