Sometimes ancient is good. :cheers:

Ringo, on the other hand, can only be considered a great drummer if one takes his singing into account as a comparative.

Let's see...

Keith Moon...John Bonham...Ginger Baker...Gene Krupa.......

Ringo.

Um, no.

Yes, happy new (birthday) year! It is SO much better that we say these things here rather than in the "We're Not Glad You're Dead Yet" thread. :holiday:

--Doc.

Ringo, on the other hand, can only be considered a great drummer if one takes his singing into account as a comparative.

Let's see...

Keith Moon...John Bonham...Ginger Baker...Gene Krupa.......

Keith Moon sang. So did Ginger Baker. (He "sang" Pressed Rat & Warthog when Cream did their reunion shows.)

I thought this was the "Coke Brings Your Ancestors Back From the Dead" section.

No, but absinthe can bring people back from the dead, if you're drinking Czech.

And Guillaume, I happen to like Ringo's singing. And I'd be happy to accompany you to the Cream Reunion concert if you're paying. I want to see EC before one of us dies.

Hiram was trying to compare Phil Collins and Ringo to Ian Anderson. I don't understand why, because Phil and Ringo don't have a leg to stand on. :devil:

Back in the olden days on FV it was often stated that some person was no Ian Anderson. Which, of course, is absolutely correct to say about anyone who isn't called Ian Anderson.

Oh, and happy belated, Jane.

Does that mean if we now say of someone that 'they're no Ringo Starr' it will be true in all cases where the person is not named Richard Starkey? :P

Thanks, Gertz! That's funny...now I get the joke! D'uh.

Buh, that would only be in cases where someone said, "Well, they're no Richard Starkey."

And Guillaume,  I happen to like Ringo's singing.
If you care to check, I didn't criticise Ringo's singing. In fact, of the singing drummers I mentioned (Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, and I'll add Tony Williams to that list) Ringo tops them all. True, he has a limited range, but he knows how to pick songs that he can sing. :cheers:

I remember when "You're 16, You're beauitul and You're Mine" first hit the radio, and I loved it.

The Judgement of Time: "Doc, you're old" and "you can get arrested for that shit nowadays."

Happy belated :happybday: ,

sorry I missed the day.

Been a bit preocupied.

Now to go back and read the post from the start and see how it went from your b'day to Ian Anderson.... :blink: