Brooks

The Cane Field

Gatsby wrote: No coffee, that shit spazzes me out, even though I LOVE the taste.

I'm in that group.

I never knew veggies had taste until the Doctor banned me from using salt. I like them.

Coffee - Yes, yes, yes! Gimme coffee anyway you got it!

Iced Tea - No sugar ever

Hot tea - Tea? What, no coffee?

chocolate - Yes! Got some for my coffee?

Veggies - If I didn't love meat so much, I'd be a very happy vegetarian.

Absinthe - Usually, no sugar but occasionally I add a little simple syrup just because I'm amazed at how it changes the whole flavor profile. Absinthe without sugar is almost linear in taste and I can pick out most of the herbs one after the other as they hit my taste buds. With sugar, absinthe blends into a whole herbal bomb that's still delicious but I rarely think it needs the added sweetness.

Coffee - Cream

Tea - I generally drink iced Chai which I make from scratch and sweeten it when the mood hits me.

Chocolate - Dark

Absinthe - Sans sucre. I have on occasion tasted it with sugar to see how the flavor changes, but just a taste.

I never knew veggies had taste until the Doctor banned me from using salt. I like them.

I'm probably the only person on this planet who hates salt. I don't mind some foods that are inherently salty, like bacon (organic, not that nitrate shit), but I don't think I've ever picked up a salt shaker and poured salt on anything, not even corn on the cob or on my hand when drinking Tequila.

I'm with you on Teavana, Shabba. I found them at a mall in Long Island of all places, and assumed they would suck but I smelled their Earl Grey Creme and it was like cheesecake tea or something, and now I'm hooked. It's a tad pricey, but their tea really is some of the highest quality I've had. If you're really OCD about your tea, the place for you is Dobra Tea in Burlington, VT (http://www.dobratea.com/index.php?toc=fullshop). Their menu isn't a normal menu, but a photo-travel journal where the owners literally went to many towns in China and India and found the best local tea, took pictures, saw how it was made, and brought it back. When I went there, they had it down to a science, including the best steep times for each type. The waiter actually set a timer for 4 min 15 sec for their Pu-Ehr, but only 1 min 30 sec for one White tea I had. Sure enough, I steeped a 2nd cup of Pu-Ehr myself for 5 minutes and it tasted like bitter tannins, whereas the 4 min 15 sec one was smooth and smoky.

I'm probably the only person on this planet who hates salt.

Nope.

I find that there's enough natural saltiness in most foods that salting them is definitelyoverkill.

As for the Tequila ritual, I can't abide the stuff unless it's an anejo, and then it's tasty enough without the salt, or the lime.

No sugar in anything but dessert, for me.

I do like Dagoba's Xocoxatl dark chocolate-you can find it at Whole Foods and the fancier Thriftways.

And I'm with Hiram on the grapefruit, broccoli, Brussels sprouts thing. I don't like greens, but adore tomatoes prepared any way.

I'm probably the only person on this planet who hates salt.

I use very little, if not none, of it due to an incident in grade school when someone brought sugar cookies that were made with salt instead of sugar! :puke:

Coffee: Half & half or cream.

Hot tea: It depends upon the tea, but if I sweeten it, I'll use honey.

Iced tea: Straight.

Chocolate: I prefer dark, but milk's okay too. No mint!

Absinthe: I usually don't use sugar, but it depends on my mood.

:cheers:

I do like Dagoba's Xocoxatl dark chocolate-you can find it at Whole Foods and the fancier Thriftways.

Dagoba dark is very good. A favourite of mine is a brand called Sharffenberger you can also find at Whole Foods. Don't be fooled by the Euro name, it's made in Berkeley, CA and it's the best American made Chocolate I've ever tasted, and better than many European and South American chocolates.

Coffee: Cream/milk and sugar; I can drink it without sugar, but can't touch it unless I've properly louched it with a little cream

Hot tea: Milk and honey if it's a black tea. Green tea with just honey.

Iced tea: A little lemon or mint.

Chocolate: The darker the better. In times when I haven't had enough money to afford proper chocolate, I've been known to pick up squares of baker's chocolate to chew on. I need my fix from time to time.

Absinthe: I usually sugar it, but I haven't been lately. It's like coffee for me: I can drink it without sugar, but I definitely feel it loses something.

Sweets for my sweet,

Sugar for my honey...

Might fill spoons full of coffee,

Fill spoons full of tea.

But just a little spoon of your precious love;

Is that enough for me?

Coffee--straight and fresh only.

Tea--Nothing if it's hot. Lemon only if iced.

Dark chocolate.

I want to try an absinthe straight before I sugar it (in my limited experience).

Not much of a sweet tooth here, but when I get a hankering, I'll go days on a binge. About once a year or less.

How about a survey on Splenda in absinthe? :blink:

I never add salt to anything without tasting it first. I generally use none.

Coffee/Espresso - No sugar or cream

Hot Tea - No sugar or cream

Cold Tea - Slice of lemon

Chocolate - I rarely eat chocolate

Absinthe - No sugar

I've always prefered things on the bitter side.

This is fun. It is so cool to read about everyone's preferences.

I prefer bitter beer and bittersweet chocolate.

I don't do well with Vertes. I tend to get nasty headaches.

I love salt.

I'm allergic to popcorn. My children won't let me eat it. They say I get mean.

I hated most veggies until a few years ago. I thought raw tomatos were disgusting.

Then total change. I love veggies. Especially greens.

We get our beef from a local FWP Game Warden who supplements his income by raising beef and selling it to friends. We get our pork and poultry from local farmers. I love meat. T73 has a colleague who brings us fresh eggs every Friday. My rasprberries promise to have a bumper crop this year. That means I'll be picking til dark every night. Supid raspberries. I love living in The Sticks. I enjoy visiting The Big City but I like my bubble. :wave2:

Coffee-sugar and cream, if it is available

Tea-sugar, but it's gotta be STRONG or it is like drinking hot water

Vegetables-any type of squash will NOT go down my throat

Chocolate-dark, milk, white, as long as there isn't "stuff" in it (i.e. nuts)

Absinthe-sugared

Meat-steak, dragged once through a warm room (seriously, med-rare)

Thai-not hot at all. I don't like food that causes me pain

Shellfish-trip to the Emergency Room ;)

I like my coffee black

My tea unblemished (I love lapsong suchong)

My absinthe unsugared (though a few vertes may benefit)

I'm with Gatsby on the bacon -- nothing like the real thing, the kind that requires no refrigeration.

I'm not a big salt eater though I like some. Most American food is way oversalted.