Sign in to follow this  
TheGreenOne

La Fée Verte - Poetry of Madness

Tonight, I celebrate my blessings!

To sit here and enjoy the masterful artworks of our family of friends. I'm having a glass of the Sour Puss Verte, while enjoying my newly arrived family heirloom edition of Nepenthes' book.

Pictures fail to depict the magical, irridescent sheen of the book's cover fabric. More absinthe than absinthe. I'm glad this book will outlive me.

175980626_8e903875a5.jpg

I got mine!

Folks, this book is beautiful and destined to be an important collectible. Don't let your grandchildren ask you why you were too lame to get one while you could.

The book looks absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, finances being what they are right now I'd have to de-acquisition something from my fine press library to afford it. :( I applaud and envy those who have gotten it.

Nepenthes, do you know about Steve Clay and Granary Books? I think the two of you might find it interesting to talk. He's located in NYC, but still has active connections in Minneapolis, I believe.

I recognize the name, but don't have to much time to poke through his site to make any connections. We are leaving for Japan in 2 hours. Once I return, I will look some more.

Thanks for the link and thank you all who have bought the book! Now, help me pay for this trip and buy more!

Thanx for the Welcome :) (My English is not so good. So sorry for some mistakes if something).

I'm From Lithuania, City Vilnius. Here we dont have good Absinth for sale, so we try to find some from othere countries. My Dream is King Spirit Gold.. But it hard fo find and allmoust imposible to get.

I study in Art Academy, so the "muze" in needed like air ;)

If King of Spirits Gold is a dream, it's a nightmare. It is horrible and has absolutely nothing to do with proper absinthe.

You should still go and introduce yourself in the Newcomer's section. And read around here before you buy anything. There is so much crap out there that should be avoided.

Sometimes we disagree on what Absinthe is best but will all tell you not to buy King of Spirits Gold. Stay close to the recommendations here and you will be ok.

Edited by ShaiHulud

No. It's not a matter of culture or opinion. It's a matter of what absinthe actually is, and King of Spirits isn't it.

Absinthe is an anise-flavored, high-proof liquor made by distilling anise, wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) and other herbs (fennel, melissa, hyssop, petite wormwood) and which rose to popularity in France and other parts of Europe starting in the late 18th century and largely ending with the ban in France of 1915.

King of Spirits is not distilled and has nothing in common with absinthe other than the inclusion of wormwood. It takes more than just adding wormwood to alcohol to justify calling it absinthe.

You are welcome. There are lots of different opinions around here too about a lot of things. Perhaps someone will be kind enough to send you a sample of KOS so you can try before you buy.

Sometimes we disagree on what Absinthe is best but will all tell you not to buy King of Spirits Gold.

Somebody brought me a bottle of King of Spirits back from Prague once. It was only a very small bottle but I will never forget it! To my dying day. And I can stomach almost anything...when the booze runs out!

But no matter what I drowned it with, it didnt make the slightest difference. I could have poured it into a freshwater lake and drank that, but it would still have been too bitter.

But it was a well intentioned gift. I felt obliged to almost finish it.

Welcome to the forum Dietrich! :cheers:

Edited by Thomas