Sign in to follow this  
drcocktail

Introducing myself and making a review request

My choices as vague as they may be:

CLB, Capriceuse, Ike, Jades (all) Blanchette, Brut, EdPdF, FG, VdF. Bdf, K53, Prototype#27 (still aging), Montmartre, Duplais Verte and Lem. Amer 72

No particular order. I have enjoyed each and every one. The day and my mood dictate the appeal.

I am enjoying all the posts. My posts will decrease but my enthusiasm remains.

Woo Hoo to Wednesday :cheers:

Late perhaps, but so much better aged...

These aren't "necessarily" in a strict order, but probably close, and these represent my "worth having" list. Many of these are rather hard to compare against one another because they really are rather different, Montmartre, Segarra for example.

Edouard

Blanchette

Clandestine la Bleue

François Guy

Montmartre

Segarra

Duplais Verte

Eichelberger 68

Verte de Suisse

Serpis

Un Emile

And there are of course several others best forgotten about.

-Robert

No particular order. I have enjoyed each and every one. The day and my mood dictate  the appeal. 

Woo boy, one in every crowd! :) My calculations are dependent on your having to evacuate for, in your case, killer tornanados. This is a stupid construct I admit, but <suspension of disbelief> Initially it's coming right for you. You only have time to grab 1 bottle. Which? As the Killer Twister™ bobbs and weaves, you make more dashes scooping up one at a time, which death nipping at your heels, for the next down the line you'd mourn the loss of most. </suspension of disbelief>

OK, from there I can complete (get ready for it) Dr.Cocktail's Scale of Subjective Popularity. No particular order means you don't impact the results. Give it a try if it's doable.

Doctor Doc

Again, thanks all for indulging me in this little parlour game. I'm off to Las Vegas for one of the two oddest Dr.Cocktail interviews I will have given: Dr.Cocktail Does Vegas Dive Bars for the Las Vegas Weekly. (The other one was a profile in Modern Drunkard Magazine.) I'll be without computer between now and Saturday morning (I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime!) So it'll be interesting to see where (if anywhere) this all goes without my interference.

Thine, --Doc.

I looked through the thread hoping to find Doc's results. It would appear that the Dive Bars of Las Vegas have captured Doc and left him :drunk: I hope he's able to get back safely. The thought came to me that a rescue mission was in order. But would I be able to enter a Dive Bar to safe Dr. Cocktail? Almost certainly not. They don't even serve absinthe. And if they did, it'd probably be Hill's. (I admit I've never tried it. Too many knowledgeable people have advised otherwise.) Souls braver than I, would need to undertake the quest.

And if Doc's gone, who'll be there to say "He's dead, Jim." ??

btw, I bow down in awe of DrinkBoy's collection. I have a lot to aspire to.

Hey Dakini, no worries. I was silly to have extended that request in the same posting I was introducing myself. With Hiram's help, we moved the poll results to its own topic here.

--Doc.

Ok, it's summertime, that influences my opinion.

Maybe this will help on a hot muggy evening.

Brut

CLB

Ike

Prototype #27

Edouard

VS

Blanchette

BdF

K53

Duplais

This is what I would grab today.

Light and refreshing to sit and watch the killer twisters. If you've never watched a tornado dance across a pasture, you'd be amazed. It's awesome.

No, we can delete it and move the others up. It was only available for a short time. I have more than half a bottle aging quietly. Actually, the Brut is not available and the next batch will be available this month.

My list is from my cabinet.

:cheers:

Hey Dakini, no worries. I was silly to have extended that request in the same posting I was introducing myself. With Hiram's help, we moved the poll results to its own topic here.

--Doc.

Thanks Doc!

I saw the other thread and I didn't connect the two. My mind is a little slow. Maybe all those years where I wasn't drinking absinthe.