hairofthedogs

Newbie to say hello

Hello to all,

Just wanted to drop in to say hi to all and introduce myself, I was also requested to do so.

I live in northwest Montana, Troy actually. Those in Montana know what that means. For the rest of you I live in a town with no stop lights, cell phones, fast food, and our grocery store has tons of mounted animals for decoration. Yes i love living here very much.

I grew up in a drinking family. So when i wanted a new hobby i started making beer and wine. Then a few years ago I was introduced to mead and started making that. Currently that is still my favorite beverage to make.

The same friend that introduced me to mead also shared the green fairy with me. I just enjoyed the flavor, alcohol, and the secondary effects.

Currently I am not really drinking to much of anything in support of my wife. We are pregrant with our first child and i am trying to be supportive. This is not easy, but i do the best i can. She is also very understanding and does not really expect this of me. She is also a drinker so I have lots of respect to her ability to say no.

Doing the best i can to get through this world with a smile. :D

Welcome and :cheers:

Additional note: Hairofthedogs lives in one of the last bits of untouched wilderness. Beautiful country and a flyfisherman's heaven.

Welcome. :cheers: Statistically speaking, I'm beginning to think Montana is just behind the Seattle area in the absinthe drinking population. We personally know a dozen people who enjoy absinthe and there are only 20 people who live in the entire state. :P

Ahoj and welcome! :cheers:

Glad you're not one of those five oddballs in the state not to have tried our favorite beverage. :)

Your wife needs to lighten up. It wouldn't have occurred to my mother to give up smoking and drinking simply because she was pregnant. I, myself, am living proof that it made absolutely no differ—

Oh, wait.

Never mind. Welcome! :cheers:

Welcome! :wave2: Troy? really? Just kidding, :P I've never spent much time up there, born and raised in missoula. We're going to have to plan a montana get together :cheers:

Welcome! :wave2:  Troy? really?  Just kidding, :P We're going to have to plan a montana get together :cheers:

I would love another visit with The ZooTown Axe Murderers! You and Shai are wonderful hosts. :wave2:

Montana, it's the new Georgia.

Oh, no. We do not have beautiful fire flies or mean fire ants.

Not after the new recruiting office opened.

Not to worry. We only have 5 people left to recruit! :cheers: