Werewolf7

Cigar Smokers?

You sound like a Rainbow Gathering veteran.

I went to one in North Carolina, in '87, and had a great time for the first few days.

Then, the amoebic dysentery kicked in... :(

But, hey, it was my own fault.

They told me not to drink that mountain stream water. :(

"The Czechs have been making high-quality Absinthe for centuries."

I read this and quit.

On the other hand, you can get Cuban cigars in the Czech Republic.

Meanwhile, back at Hippie Central.  I can't look.  Someone else do it.  Why do I do this to myself?

I found this at Hippie Central. Some of you might remember Don Walsh from the old Sepulchritude Absinthe Forum. Heres what he had to say:
Scientifically, "the active ingredient in wormwood's oils, alpha-thujone, has a similar molecular structure to menthol, a-pinene, eucalyptol, camphor and other monoterpenes. Formerly believed to have a THC (cannabinoid) structure-activity relationship and mechanism, a-thujone is now shown to modulate only an entirely different receptor site, the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) system. GABA moderates the firing of neural synapses; a-thujone mildly antagonizes such inhibition. " (With thanks to Don Walsh, scientist)

Mr. Walsh also states that: "a-Thujone meanwhile is an important component in salves, perfumes, creams, etc. usually as a counter-irritant. The familiar Vicks Vap-O-Rub one's mother rubs on their chest for relief from a cold contains thujone and other terpenes. So does Absorbine Jr. The anti-insect and preservative properties of white cedar used for clothes chests is due to the thujone in the wood; the classical name for white cedar is Thuja, whence the terpene gets its name. Van Gogh's doctor sentimentally planted a thuja tree at Vincent's grave."

Don is a scientist & knows more than we do, or so he told us time & time again.

"The Czechs have been making high-quality Absinthe for centuries."

Only if you count the thujone quantity. They also say that Van Gogh cut his ear off, due to absinthe and then say that he also liked drinking turpentine.

Possibly because he couldn't distinguish between the two.

I have seen one up close....I'm just quoting that article of nonsense. It's in the paragraph directly below the one telling about the Czech Brands. It also says he ate his oil paints. More garbage. All of this crap and NO ONE admits they wrote it. Some info is from Don Walsh (I'm new to his reputation).

All that, "And a special thing to do is light the absinthe...", as in riding the short bus special.

And the only picture of a bottle is that of some Czech Absinth. E-free.

CAO is making these very nicely constructed, little smokes. Always burn very well.

Give the Natural "Jucy-Lucy" a try

post-234-1150122598_thumb.jpg

*Disclaimer - These are cigars w/ essences*

I gotta make a pilgramage to canada a few hours (damnit, it used to be 10 minutes away) to grab one... in your honor, of course!

So, who is (is there) a reliable shipper for Cuban cigars into the States?

Just remember, the cuban market is teeming with counterfeits. Even those who take trips to Cuba have ended up getting scammed right outside the rolling factories. In my opinion, I would only purchase cubans from a very reputable tobacconist at the shop where one can inspect. That's just me though.

Some info here

Not necessarily. The widow of a Nigerian oil minister recently offered me excellent prices on what she assures me are genuine Cuban cigars that were rolled especially for senior government officials.