Thanks to a number of people Absinthe has become a featured article at wikipedia. Featured articles that are seen as the best of wikipedia and currently make up less than 0.1% of wikipedia articles.

Speaking of wikipedia I should mention a few features. Since wikipedia can be edited by anyone, some decide to vandalize articles, although it is often reverted quickly you can sometimes find yourself visiting the page in-between the vandalism and fix. If something doesn't look right, check the "history" at the top of the page, chances are the strange additions are recent. If you are citing or referencing a specific area or line of an article, it's often best to use the "Permanent link" on the left side, which will always link back to the same version of an article. Although it wont contain any new improvements it also wont include any possible vandalism or rearrangement of sections. There is currently a stable version project that is attempting to archive stable versions of pages to offer another way to easily access accurate articles.

Great work! It's a deadly accurate exhaustive resource. It's nice to see we got the information on Wikipedia before some thujone-hyping bozo did.

I have read the article a while ago. It seems to have grown even better since then.

Good work!

>I originally started editing the article because a couple of absinth dealers were using it as advertising and having fun removing each others links.

good to see it is now being used by only one dealer for advertising...

I guess I'm dense. Or didn't get a chance to read the earlier incarnations of the wikipedia site. Who were the opposing forces. Who "won"?

>I originally started editing the article because a couple of absinth dealers were using it as advertising and having fun removing each others links.

good to see it is now being used by only one dealer for advertising...

Ha, sharp eye I see (unless you are referring too something even I missed), although if you want to become jaded you might say two, but in a round about way. Future wikipedia plans, as absinthe becomes more common, is to include articles on notable products and companies as is common with a number of other liquors.