Stroller

Absinthe Mango

Actually, Serpis or Kallnacher Red might be good in a watermelon, whaddya think?

My bet is on the Kallnacher Red. Maybe I should happen to pick up a watermelon on my way home from work...

Well, I figured I'd take the cream up my behind and order a bottle of the Mango. Ended up cancelling it... Shipping came to 50 Euro. I thought about adding a bottle of 16% "Absinthe Lehmann Mousse" (a cream liqueur with absinthe!) while I was at it.

Just couldn't bring myself to spend close to 85 Euros on two bottles of shite! Sorry.

Well, as I said. If I happen to pass by Barcelona - I'll pick up a bottle.

Fact is, I could go to Barcelona and back for less than double the 85 Euros...

Since I mentioned doing a test (on FV) and it appears they just soaked mango into finished absinthe, I thought why not. So I mixed a shot of Herbsaint and a shot of hapsburg (to up the ABV and use up some hapsburg), not the best mix but it's anise flavored, and I doubt they are flavoring their best absinthe. Then I added about 1.5oz by volume chopped mango, let soak for a day, and tested it.

Surprisingly it's not bad. I think I know why they used mango though.

Straight, Tastes like mango, a slight refreshing coolness and a candy aftertaste.

Louche 3:1, Tastes like cool blankness with a slight anise aftertaste.

The mango seems to mask or absorb a majority of the flavor. Leaving a louched drink extremely watery tasting (explains why they suggest straight on rocks), and could probably be used to hide a poor absinthe.

Well, as I said. If I happen to pass by Barcelona - I'll pick up a bottle.

Fact is, I could go to Barcelona and back for less than double the 85 Euros...

The fine print at the bottom of the email said that if you buy a bottle of Absinthe Mango, Cristina will let you spank her. Two whacks per bottle.

Now, I hear you'll get the same privilege if you buy it from Butty, but . . . um . . . then you'd be paying shipping again.

Hmmm. Spank. Her. Ok. I'll  buy one. You pay shipping, I pay the bottle. We can split the spanking.

Fair enough, as soon as you pay for my plane ticket to Barcelona.

Heck, you pay for that, and I'LL pay for the bottle.

You know what? I got it all figured out for real now! My sister just so happens to be going to Spain next week. What do you know! With any kind of low-life "luck" I'll manage to get a bottle that way. I mean come on... We HAVE to know how bad it really is.

Hartsmar has to know. If the rest of us are lucky, he'll just tell us.

If not, he'll send out samples.

You know what? I got it all figured out for real now! My sister just so happens to be going to Spain next week. What do you know! With any kind of low-life "luck" I'll manage to get a bottle that way. I mean come on... We HAVE to know how bad it really is.

Enjoy! :puke: