Sign in to follow this  
jimzuma

Absinthe Snob?

If there was a piece of cork floating in your Jade would you:

A. pick it out with an absinthe spoon

B. leave it in

C. fish it out with your finger

Uh... 1) I'd decant it into a large measuring cup. 2) Use a small corner of a coffee filter to fish the floating cork out and decant it back into the bottle.

If I had some sedimentation (not to be confused with the so-called sea-monkeys): after settling, 1) I'd pour the clarified portion of the absinthe into a clean glass container, 2) then pour the portion of the spirit that contained disturbed sedimentation into a funnel-shaped glass of some sort. 3) Let it stand for a day in a dark cabinet, then draw off or gently decant the portion above the settled debris.

Always a pleasure to hear from someone who remembers music before that bastardization, digitization.

Hissy and scratchy with a poor dynamic range and flat response, featuring inconsistent reproduction with infrasonic interference and destructive harmonics, and gradually getting muddier as the vinyl wears out.

Oh yeah, I definitely miss that.

Hissy and scratchy with a poor dynamic range and flat response, featuring inconsistent reproduction with infrasonic interference and destructive harmonics, and gradually getting muddier as the vinyl wears out.

Oh yeah, I definitely miss that.

Oh, but 8-tracks were so cool!

Having sliced, diced and spliced my way through miles of analog tape and tried to get one more play from worn out grooves, I'll happily take anyone's CDs you'd like to donate to a very friendly theatre program. After 25+ years as a sound designer, patch me in digital.

Not only is absinthe and sex a good analogy, it's also a great combination. I'm not sinking either one, Martin.

Even my worst absinthe being Emile Coulin... I couldn't sink it. Perhaps its because the bottle is nice to look at. And I still am entertaining plans for using it, making "absinthe shisha".

And yes.... how did cassettes become the new thing after 8 tracks? You mean, I have to rewind???

Telekenesis? And just how much absinthe must one imbibe in order to attain these powers?

Conicidentally, in Roald Dahl's Matilda, a book about a young girl with telekenetic powers, the protagonist's surname is 'Wormwood'.

I'll never understand how you guys can sink absinthe.  Absinthe is like sex: even when it's bad, it's still pretty good.  It's also expensive.  Like sex.

You haven't tried REAL GOOD absinthe yet.

Once you have, average absinthe is like screwing a blowup doll.

If it (any liquor) tastes like crap I'll sink it.

I've sinked: beer, wine, gin, absinthe, scotch, whiskey, whisky, bourbon, rum,

I haven't sinked a vodka yet, but since it's not supposed to have any taste why would I try it.

Just 'cuz a booze is of a type I like doesn't mean I have to choke it down. In fact I feel there is more reason for such crap to be sunk and called out so that the makers make better. I hold my beverages to a higher standard.