Do not order from absinthe24 they will take your money and then not deliver your goods. they will overcharge your credit card and unless you query and push them they will not credit the refund.

they are a scam and will not deliver.

they will not return emails

this is from personal experience.

I'm not sure about America.

The last few years have been feeling more like that Twilight Zone episode, in which the sun just failed to rise, one morning.

But enough about politics. ;)

A-24's customer service has remained at it's consistant low level, eh? One chance was all I ever gave 'em and most likely, all they'll ever get.

I was not over-charged, fortunately. As I recall, it took several weeks and a few emailings to get the order delivered. Eventually, it was taken care of.

Didn't you start THIS thread about this same subject five months ago? Is this you still trying to get your money back, or did you order from him again??

This is the vendor people always talk xit about. There have been dozens of threads started here and at FV about this loser. He's NOT on the recommended vendor list, and never will be.

I have no pity for people that still send this guy money.

yes that was me who started that thread. at the time (when this order was placed anyway) he was the only one willing to ship to australia. since this order was placed I have found out that ldf have sterted to ship here as well.

oh well.

I have used Andy several times and had terrific service except one time.

Since then I found this forum.

The German lion and LdF don't scream high thujone or flaming your drink.

In my simple mind it seems taste, quality and service prevail.

Peer pressure?

Perhaps.

I like what I drink.

:P

This issue has been repeated over and over in the forums ever since I can remember, always with—and only with—absinthe24.

I would say that I'm surprised he's still in business at all, but since internet absinthe sales is so lucrative and so dependent on ignorant and uninformed consumers, I'm surprised he's not retired already.

Hiram,

To what extent is it lucrative? Is the markup on the product exceptionally high? 50%? 100%? I have no way of knowing. I assume a markup on the shipping/handling, but to what extent? I do not mean to badger, just curious. Should we expect more vendors to enter the market or is it pretty much saturated now?

Who knows his markup.

Look at his price for shit.

Then look at at LdF price for quality.

Forget shipping costs,

what do you want?

Good absinthe from a reliable vendor?

or questionable absinthe from a bad vendor?

Why is this an option?

If Markus and LDF made up all the crap that these shitty vendors do, and put it out there where the ignorant and one track folks hear about absinthe and the crazy experiences associated with it, then we would not be able to purchase the respectable CO's that are available.

King of Spirits Gold is the only one I know (mainly from Andy bad mouthing it when "century" came out) which is normally 100% markup (yes they make vendors pay $100 for that crap).

Absinth24 has quite a few shills that are happy to spam places thanks to an affiliates program. There are a number or redirect sites as well as separate sites all run by absinth24 that specialize in different types of absinthe (such as one that lists only french and swiss). I don't know details but absinth24 apparently gets enough traffic and/or sales for Sebor/bairnsfather to release their 100mg Century absinth solely through absinth24.

I just got a e-mail from Marcus that stated the shipping charges for most of Europe including Italy has been reduced by 5 euro.

His previous shipper got the package to me in 3 working days consistently for 15 euro, I hope the new one will be as good.

For LDF shipping to Italy is about the same as to the USA, dont use them while I'm here.

:harhar:

I've read in a few similar threads that shipping to Australia is risky and unreliable.

Personally, I've never had this problem. Everything I've ordered has always turned up on time and intact.

I've used LdF, Markus, Phil the Frenchman and once Alandia, and I don't have anything negative to say about any of them. I would definately recommend all of them, LdF is lightning fast as is Markus, and both responded to all my queries within 24hrs (which is pretty good turn around considering the time zone difference).

For anyone in Australia I would recommend the above-mentioned, especially those who have a 100% not-received replacement policy. I'm not going to pay out on vendors I haven't used, but I did look up Absinth24, and decided to use someone else.

Same place, just a different portal. Andy has a number of different domains setup. From looking around it seems like if you find any site that uses that shopping system or looks similar to absinth24, then it probably is. Andy also runs a couple sites that aren't formated in that way such as "www.czech-absinth.com" and "www.absinth-century.com" and probably others I don't know about.