Sign in to follow this  
greytail

So, is Absinthe now what you once knew it to be?

I've never been able (or wanted) to separate the drink from its history, the beauty of the ritual, or the nostalgia it evokes for a time before my time.

My feelings exactly.

A friend got me to try the czech "stuff" a couple of years ago, and thought if that was what it was all about, I wasn't missing anything. I didn't know any better.

Then, last Thanksgiving, my brother told me about an article he read about someone (Ted) reverse engineering pre-ban absinthe and thought they had it right. So, I set out to find real absinthe.

Last weekend taught me, there are very enjoyable products out there (both CO and HG) and my interest has returned.

:cheers:

Not a coffee person so it will have to be something else. How about cheerios?
I see no reason why Doubs and Cheerios shouldn't be one of the great marriages in gastronony. (And you can always use the dregs to tint your happy little trees.)

Wow, knock on wood. If you read my post in the absinthe review sections concerning the Edouard, you can see what I mean as my new Ed. is not the absinthe I once knew it to be. At least it does not look like the absinthe I once saw it to be.