Stevian

Abisinthe Lemercier 45%

No skin off my back either.

I'm not ashamed to admit it, I owe a lot to the Thirsty Traveler episode (Whittles-and-all) for steering me straight to LdF. Had it not been for that, I might be wasting matches.

Resurrecting a very old thread...

Color: a very light green, clear and without any visible sediment.

Louche: nice to look at during its formation. The trails are oily and clearly visible, and there is a moment when it’s mostly orange, before turning into a milky greenish white. I suspect the ideal dilution is 1:3 or 1:4, not more.
Aroma: a sweet aroma, not very strong, with light hints of alcohol in the very beginning. Not complex but very well balanced, with no component prevailing clearly on the other. Some anise, but not too much.
Taste: The holy trinity is present in a very balanced fashion, with less anise than usual. Wormwood predominates with a slight and very pleasant bitterness. Very mild, very light.
Finish: wormwood lingers in the mouth pretty long.
Overall: I was attracted to this absinthe because of its low alcohol content and because it’s advertised as "bitter and very lightly aniseed”, which turns out to be true (and to be in line with my personal preferences). My main complaint is that it is very mild. At the same dilution the François Guy, which is 45 too, has stronger flavour and taste, possibly because of Guy’s higher anise content. Lemercier 45 is a very nice everyday absinthe, for those who are not that into anise.