I was asked to introduce myself, so here we go.

I'm relatively new to the world of absinthe (by relatively I mean I'm still in the fetal stages). I happened on this forum and it seemed a good way to garner enough information to make some educated choices concerning the spirit. What can I say, I like to drink, and I like to savor that which I imbibe. Absinthe seemed the way to go, as it combines a number of flavors which I find enjoyable. The mystique and history helps to a certain extent as well.

As an aside, I'm a budding illustrator/artist with a long way to go before I bloom. I've done some work for small press magazines and periodicals, and am spending the bulk of my time at the moment putting together my portfolio. Granted holding a full time job while doing this is a bit of an impediment. Luckily I have a incredibly supportive woman as my spouse, which makes the frustration and headaches bearable.

Anyway, it is a pleasure making the aquaintance of this forum. I hope it is the beginning of a fruitful relationship.

-j.

:drnkbanana:

Gertz,

Thanks for the compliment. I've been in a bit of a funk creatively, I need some new goods up there. Things have been real hectic around here lately so my brain is in lockdown I believe. My site should be up soon (next couple months), so I can display everything the way I want.

-j.

Read Lovecraft much?

Lovecraft had me fascinated as a kid. Mix in a healthy serving of Edgar Rice Burroughs, a lust for folklore and mythology, and a love of the zoological sciences and you had me pretty much pegged in my childhood. My face was either in a book or in the middle of a schoolyard brawl (thank John Carter of Mars and Beowulf for that).

-j.

Welcome, you will find many informed and helpful Absinthe experts, and a few kooks, in this forum.
:( I mean well.

Welcome, JRuined! I suppose everyone on the road to ruin finds this place...

The stuff you have on ArtWanted is quite impressive.

You'll find many Lovecraft and Waits fans here too.