Sign in to follow this  
hectma

Absinthe Cookies

Has anyone ever made absinthe cookies? I was thinking of making some for a get-together, so I'm curious to see if anyone has tried them.

Do you have recipe for cookies that includes some other liquor? It seems to me that any nuances of the absinthe might lost in the baking, not to mention the other ingredients. You may be better served simply using anise flavoring.

Cookies!!!!

I have a recipe for Anise cookies that uses anise flavored liqueur. You could probably use Absinthe instead:

Anise Cookie Cordials

2 3/4 cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 cup sugar

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened

3 eggs

2 Tbsp. anise flavored liqueur

2 Tbsp. water

1 Tbsp. anise seed

1 cup semisweet chocolate mini morsels

1 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds

Combine flour sugar and baking powder, set aside.

In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter together. Add the eggs, anise liqueur, water and anise seed. Beat until well blended. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate morsels and almonds. Cover and chill for a few hours.

Preheat oven to 375F. Divide the dough into 4 pieces. With floured hands, form 4 loaves. Place loaves about 4 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet(s). Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. Cut each loaf into 1 inch slices. Place slices on cookie sheets and bake for 7 minutes. Turn cookies over, bake again for 7 minutes.

Cool completely on a wire rack.

Tuiles cookies are often flavored with aniseed. There is a delicious Scandinavian Holiday cookie, similar to the aniseed Tuiles.

I could bore you for hours, and my fingers would get tired from typing. But Anise Biscotti is also fantastic. My recipe calls for some brandy and anise extract and anise seeds. You could substitute Absinthe for the brandy.

PM me if you're interested in the Biscotti recipe.

Food, glorious food!