ripvanmd

The most Newby of newbie

Just got my package from LdF. VdF and Ike with Pontarlier glasses and a blown dripper. Was going to hold off on tasting until more awake (17h day) but I really couldn't resist. Had the Ike first...diluted it somewhere between 3:1 and 4:1...louching easily but gently. The taste somewhere in the region of an alpine meadow. I then gave the VdF a try...probably should've gone to bed. The taste is somewhat 'sharper', more herbal with a more prominent nose. Both liqueurs pour a clear, strong green and both louche to an even light green...very attractive.

I had figured that this absinthe stuff was bogus posturing (sorry...no offense) but the flavor is truly incredible and original. As pertaining to the 'secondary effects,' I feel none and feel none the less for it.

I just want to say thanks for all of the info...you folks have been invaluable in securing my future bankruptcy

XOXO

Good to have you on board. :wave2:

One of the great things about this board (and others like it) is that more and more potential absintheurs are bypassing the baptism of fire that is Czech Absinth. Part of me thinks it's an old school right of passage, but when I think about the nights spent wincing and gagging while my money went down the toilet on stuff that tasted like it came out of the toilet, well, I'm glad to see the end of that generation.

Have a glass for me :cheers:

To the most Newby of newbie,

do be a Do-Bee

:shock:

Assumed I was the only one around here ancient enough to know what a Do-Bee is.

:cheers: Just tried ther Ike last nite meself and it was smooth and sweet! good stuff!It would make an excellent gift to curious friends and family cause if its size and flavor and lower cost..

Welcome abord, Sir! :cheers:

To the most Newby of newbie,

do be a Do-Bee

:shock:

Assumed I was the only one around here ancient enough to know what a Do-Bee is.

You little whipper snapper!

I grew up with Capt'n Kangaroo, Mr. Green Jeans. Mr. Moose and Bunny Rabbit.

I still miss Tom Terrific.

Romper Room was for the little kiddies. :harhar:

T73, how old you is? The Martians beamed me down in '51.

Somewhere I have Buffalo Bob's autograph. As for Tom Terrific...I'd be interested to see that cartoon now. It creeped me out when I was a child.

I have no recollection of The Banana Man, but he looks magnificent. Thanks for the link.

How about SuperCar with Mike Hammer? or Clutch Cargo? Howdy Doody was last seen sitting in a gin joint in Milwaukee, I believe...

T73, how old you is? The Martians beamed me down in '51.

Somewhere I have Buffalo Bob's autograph. As for Tom Terrific...I'd be interested to see that cartoon now.  It creeped me out when I was a child.

I have no recollection of The Banana Man, but he looks magnificent. Thanks for the link.

I retract the whippersnapper comment, Brooks. It looks like you have almost four years on me. I remember Grandfather Clock but still have no memory of The Banana Man. Memory fades. I'd love to see an old show.

Welcome! Great first selections, but the universe is large...

As for Brooks and T73, you've both got me beat by a few years (1959 birth for me). However, I have relatively clear memories of both Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room. I may have you both beat in that I actually attended a Romper Room broadcast during the early '60s (not sure if I was on TV, but maybe...). Some sort of field trip during Kindergarten or perhaps pre-school. Going to the studio is pretty clear to me anyway. And no, this is not some sort of "recovered" or "found" memory as I have related it for many years. My brother was too young to recall it, and probably never went to the studio. We both did get on the "Wallace and Ladmo" show a few years later. A result of a "send in your best joke" contest. Gotta love those after school shows for kids. I wonder how many of the "Romper Room" franchise shows there were? I watched it in Phoenix as a kid.

How about.....Clutch Cargo?
That cartoon would give a wolf the creeps. What were the animators thinking?
I actually attended a Romper Room broadcast during the early '60s
That's quite a coup! Was Miss Francis still hosting?