Sign in to follow this  
tristan

Just when I thought I'd seen it all...

I'm an ebay trawler, like a lot of people, and I'm used to things like shot glasses being filled with green liquid and marketed as "absinthe glasses". I'm even used to things like "Absinthe Earings" ... whatever the hell they're supposed to be.

This one, however, caught me by surprise. All I can say is...

WTF?

Quite common. You'll see a lot of bath salts, shampoo/soap, and perfume that all smell like absinthe (or more likely just licorice). Almost all of the auctions contain the words "goth" and/or "vampire" in the listing. Apparently the gothic scene is still alive somewhere...who knew.

Quite common.  You'll see a lot of bath salts, shampoo/soap, and perfume that all smell like absinthe (or more likely just licorice).  Almost all of the auctions contain the words "goth" and/or "vampire" in the listing.  Apparently the gothic scene is still alive somewhere...who knew.

I can personally vouch for that. But it ain't what it used to be. When you meet a girl with black eyeliner, black lipstick, black lace dress and Doc Martin boots and she asks you a question like "Who are The Sisters of Mercy?" then you know something is wrong with the world.

And Re: Dita... remember, that's Marilyn Manson's wife you're perving on there... :P

When you meet a girl with black eyeliner, black lipstick, black lace dress and Doc Martin boots and she asks you a question like "Who are The Sisters of Mercy?" then you know something is wrong with the world.

I'm not even a goth and "When You Don't See Me" is one of my favorite songs to this day!

(And I also apologize for tangenting...)

Speaking of The Sisters: they played in Gothenburg on Tuesday this week! Hidden behind a inpenetratable wall of smoke and light (as often), they were rather heard than seen.

Not the best performance they've made, in my opinion. Miles away from the gig at Doomsday Festival in Dresden, 2000 (where they served as a perfect warmup before Skinny Puppy).

I can't quite make it out, but I think that may be one of our more senior members on the right commenting on what a good idea it is. Anybody with better resolution make out who it is?