Brandywine

Bright Greetings!

Bright greetings! My name is Brandy and I live in Clearwater, Florida. I am a complete novice when it comes to absinthe, so I apologize in advance if I sound ignorant.

Up to a few months ago, my only exposure to absinthe has been through books and movies. I always assumed that absinthe was unobtainable in the United States. I actually started researching the history of absinthe for a short story that I was writing. Imagine my delight when I discovered that absinthe could readily be purchased!

I was utterly clueless about where to begin, and the Wormwood Society’s purchasing advice and reviews were invaluable to me. I thank your organization for publishing such a lovely and informative website, which no doubt saved me from making some horrible mistakes. I recently purchased a couple of bottles of absinthe. I think that Abisinthe Amer 72° is the best so far, but I look forward to sampling different brands.

About me: I’m twenty-six years old and I have two ferrets. I'm a very earthy Gemini. I’m an animal lover who is fascinated by history, mythology, folklore and ghost stories. I dearly love traveling to historical places, reading, writing short stories, dancing, art museums, literature, camping, and drinking spirits and coffee.

Shade and sweet water to you all.

post-574-1143425169.jpg

:cheers: Welcome Brandy :cheers:

Welcome and nice screen name.  You share it with one of my favourite Pennsylvania art museums.

And the whole amazing and beautiful "school" of art called by that name. I'm jealous. I'd love to go to Chad's Ford, the museum, the N.C Wyeth house. I'll bet walking down any road in that country is like being in one of those Brandywine paintings.

My Leon, you are a smoothie...

Welcome, Brandy! :cheers:

I am also a fan of the Amer 72. I am about to start my third bottle, as soon as I order it ;)

Welcome aboard - you've come to the right place!

I am a ferret owner also. Three furry cuties - Myrtle, Katrina, and Damien.

Here's a picture of my boy Damien wearng a sailor cap...yes, I know it's just wrong! :P

damien_sailor2_2.jpg

Hey Lanterne, I haven't seen you around for a while. What is this DUNE book you have on your websight? I'll have to look into it.

Ferrets are cool, although currently illegal in California for no real reason backed up with false information, kind of like absinthe (I wonder, if you drink a Ferret will you trip? :) ) Although there are plenty of people that have them and vets that will treat "wild" Ferrets.

Speaking of small fluffy animals someday I want to get a Chinchilla.

I saw one (chinchilla) in out local pet store the otherday. It was cute but expensive at $150.00. I guess that is so you don't buy a dozen and make a hat.