Sign in to follow this  
Kronkaphone

LdF Shipping

The flying monkeys have darkened my transom!

I got the email from LDF saying my order had been shipped on THursday and the monkeys came and missed me on friday morning.

Much like Evolution describes they were different flying monkeys and arrived quickly after they were dispatched.

Now I'm confused... just received my recent order from LDF, but from the USPS?

Knock on door but figured it was just a letter or something but it was box from LDF... paperwork shows as usual but somehow the mail guys are involved in the delivery...anyone else get surprised lately? Could this be from the backed up

orders?

The flying monkeys have darkened my transom

Tall monkeys. The transom is the part over the door. I assume you meant the threshold. ;)

Folks let's remember to keep details, packing list info and shipper names off the board. We don't want to broadcast info that would help make things slower or more difficult than they are.

Tall monkeys.  The transom is the part over the door.  I assume you meant the threshold. ;)

Right you are sir, thank you. Although they did slightly darken the transom as they were landing.

I've just received an e-mail informing me that shipment has been delayed for as much as another week because they've run out of wooden gift boxes. That box is really what I've been salivating over, guess I'll just have to wait before building that doll house.

With all this publicity it sounds like LDF needs to hire a couple more workers and stock up on products and supplies. Although a pain for shipping I see nothing but good coming from this.

I placed an order Sunday, a week past, and got the note that it might be 14 days or so before they shipped it. So I was very surprised on Thursday last week when I heard the sound of monkey wings on my doorstep. Four days it took them flyin' monkeys to get across the Pond. Only a day or two longer than "normal" (whatever normal is for flying monkeys).

The best shipping time from LdF was when I lived in the spur heel of SW Montana. I ordered on Sunday night and had a package Tuesday morning. I always had better shipping times out there and here in the Big City of Chicago. Funny.

I'll take Montana anyday...

~k~

The best shipping time from LdF was when I lived in the spur heel of SW Montana.  I ordered on Sunday night and had a package Tuesday morning.  I always had better shipping times out there and here in the Big City of Chicago.  Funny.

I'll take Montana anyday...

~k~

That's odd, someone else was saying something like that. It was one of those "amazing monkey stories" where the buyer ordered it like Monday and it showed up like the next day or something and if I remember right, they lived in Montana too?? T73, was that your amazing monkey story?

Seems Montana is the place for quick absinthe delivery???

Who could have guessed that absinthe would take longer to get to NYC than it does to Big Sky Country?

Everything about Montana is charmed, according to a colleague who's lived on a ranch in Big Timber for the last fifteen years.

Ordered last Wednesday, the monkeys swooped in yesterday. 6 days for those of you who have trouble counting. :cheers:

Who could have guessed that absinthe would take longer to get to NYC than it does to Big Sky Country?

That's because NYC is so fast-paced. Everything moves slower in Montana than NY.

One Montana day = 3.14 NYC days.

That's odd, someone else was saying something like that. It was one of those "amazing monkey stories" where the buyer ordered it like Monday and it showed up like the next day or something and if I remember right, they lived in Montana too?? T73, was that your amazing monkey story?

Seems Montana is the place for quick absinthe delivery???

Nope, not me. It generally takes about 5 business days for me to get my goodies. As I recall, we were speculating on an extremely quick delivery. It seems like the arrival time was less than 48 hours from the time the dispatch email was sent from Europe to arrival time somewhere here in the States. I suggested the dispatch email was sent a couple of days after the dispatch was actually made. I think I made some glib reference to Star Trek transporters. The suppliers and the monkeys have been great but I'm still averaging about 5 business days.

I'd be interested to find out if the influx of orders to LdF due to the New Yorker article will produce return customers or just a one-time curiosity buy.

Have any new members popped on lately and said that they discovered us after reading the article and getting their absinthe?

Yeah, but that's not necessarily about the article.

I just wonder if it really did anything for the absinthe community in the end or if it just created more half-informed gawkers when all is said and done.

Three Four new members specifically mentioned the article as the reason they found us and joined; one of them has actually posted.

Twenty-five, when asked, "How did you find out about us? We'd like to know more than just "the web." Web search? A particular site? A friend who's a member? Who? That kind of thing. Thanks", replied "web."

Well, I am a new member who found my way to WS after reading the New Yorker article. I did some web searches and decided to join this illustrious society.

I guess I'm a Newbee.

post-588-1145028952.jpeg

I recall a few years ago quite a few new members at the lounge and other places learned about absinthe from an article in Maxim. As for myself, it was the documentary "Absinthe makes the Heart Grow Fonder" on the From Hell DVD that prompted me to to a google search that eventually led here.

So I'd be surprised if the New Yorker article didn't generate new traffic at the vendor sites & message boards.

For me, the biggest impact of that article has been that at least three of my more conservative friends, who used to treat my interest in absinthe like an adolescent preoccupation with "forbidden fruit", have come around to asking me more interested questions, and treating me like I'm on the cutting edge of something sophisticated that they should know more about.

If that's three people in my acquaintance alone, I'm hoping it means that nationally, the image of absinthe in the minds of Conservative America has been improved by a significant margin.

In the three years I've been drinking the stuff, I've made a total of four converts. It hasn't been for lack of trying. Nine times out of ten, I can't even give it away.

"Yes, well.....maybe someday....." a friend replies when I offer to host an absinthe tasting. Her voice is floaty and vague, like a mother coaxing a three-year-old away from the cookie aisle. I try to relate something of the drink's history, but she couldn't be less interested.

Mind you, if she'd learned about absinthe from the New Yorker, she'd be on my absinthe like a cheap suit.

Same.

Although I've had more than four converts.

Most thought I'm going to go insane from this stuff. Now after the article, they want to try some.