Sign in to follow this  
Kronkaphone

LdF Shipping

I'm curious whether there is anyone who is experiencing a delay on shipments from LdF and how long to expect. I ordered last Sunday (6 days ago) and my order was confirmed immediately as normally happens...a couple of days later LdF sent an email describing a recent surge in business due to a recent New Yorker article and that orders were being delayed 3-5 days in many cases...I am still waiting on the shipment confirmation that they usually send...it could be that they are so busy that they forgot but this isn't the experience that I've had with them in the past. I've emailed them but received no reply as of yet. Is this something I should be concerned about? I can't wait for my Swiss Double. :wacko:

No dude, dont' worry. The SAME thing happened to me last week, and I ordered mine like two weeks ago thinking it would be here last weekend. Then I got the article too. Then after a couple emails, they were really having a hard time getting back to me being so busy, but I got a shipping confirmation. Also, Ian appologized for not answering the emails faster. He says they're SERIOUSLY swamped. Whether this is true or not, who knows. But who would want to ruin a reputation like LdF's for no reason, right?

No worries, you'll get it. I'm banking on getting Monday because I'm not sure the monkeys deliver on Saturdays?

You get the monkeys to deliver on Saturdays? You must feed them special treats!

the monkeys used by Marcus will deliver on sat and sun...but I only know this from experiencing those monkeys delivering musical equipment from a US retailer, not via absinthe

I just received my latest LDF shipment (after experiencing the similar delays as everyone else) and they were different monkeys than the other 4 times I ordered from LDF. These monkeys would deliver on saturday (I'm certain not on sunday)...but they were peculiar monkeys. And Ild love to bring it up and discuss this, but obviously we don't identify monkeys.

HOWEVER I got the email from LDF saying my order had been shipped on THursday and the monkeys came and missed me on friday morning. I went to pick up the order earlier today and they had it in a pile to place on the truck....they would have brought it to me this afternoon had I not been there at 10:30 am to pick it up. Point being......a 1 day time period from london to jersey city, for which the only reason it took 2 was me not being home to get it after 1.

Freakin' WOW.

I think they have Star Trek's transporter. A small parcel using standard shipping (not over-night) was delivered to a friend in New Jersey less than 24 hours later. How much faster could it have arrived if I'd ponied-up for the expensive ticket?

Perhaps in Evolution's case, the email arrived a couple of days after the order really went out.

I'm pissed at my monkeys.

They were different than the others, and they did reach me today, but I wasn't here to receive them. And of course the office the monkeys use was closed at noon, and not open again until Monday night which means one more night of Absente. I'm quit mad at the monkeys right now. It seems most people get the monkeys to leave their packages at their doorstep but my monkeys are assholes and for *some* reason never leave mine on the doorstep. Stupid apes.

Anyway....at least I know it will be here Monday. But then it will be "Monday" and I will only be able to have a couple of glasses. Oh well.

Monkey see, monkey do. Damn primates.

Okay, Kronkaphone, who's the boxer? I'm a sucker for boxers.

Point being......a 1 day time period from london to jersey city, for which the only reason it took 2 was me not being home to get it after 1.

This just confirms what I've always suspected, LdF has a giant shipping hub somewhere in Baltimore, filled with absinthe that's just waiting for their US customers.

I ordered my Jade 8 days ago, and still no shipping confirmation. I wonder if this is an order fulfillment problem, or a product availability problem.

I suppose I need to take this into consideration. I'll be 30 next month and am looking at another order for the occasion(I am a broke-ass, but still, how often does 30 come along? I only plan to use it for like 3 or 4 years). I am still wishy washy on what to order. Considering just getting another K53, but maybe the Ike. The shipping, while outstanding, is killing me.

xoxo

it has begun!

Shinsain- thanks for the post...I feel relief knowing that it's not just me...and I did recieve an email from Peter Schaf at LdF since the 1st post and he took the time to explain that they are just at a busy time right now and really don't want to leave the impression that they are neglecting anyone's needs. He explains that they are working the weekend trying to catch up on shipping orders...I can certainly understand the demand.

Wild Bill Turkey- that is Lizzie in the picture...she was my folk's English bulldog and as sweet and silly as a dog could be...and I agree with you boxers are great dogs!

I'm pissed at my monkeys. 

And of course the office the monkeys use was closed at noon, and not open again until Monday night which means one more night of Absente. 

Monkey see, monkey do. Damn primates. 

I'm not sure of pricing your way but Henri Bardouin is about $15 to $20 cheaper than absente in Montana. I think it tastes better, too. And a good bottle of arak is cheaper still. Unfortunately, arak is shipped from California or I drive 100 miles to Missoula. There's goes that cost break.

I ordered my Jade 8 days ago, and still no shipping confirmation. I wonder if this is an order fulfillment problem, or a product availability problem.

it is most likely a shipping problem...PM me and i will look into it and i apologize that you were not responded to right away...

My order is running later than usual BUT I'm sure the product quality will certainly be worth the wait.

In the mean time......I'll sip conservatively.

:cheers:

Considering just getting another K53, but maybe the Ike.

Sand,

Go for the Ike. A great deal for a respectable absinthe. My ONLY complaint is that it comes in 0.5L bottles (should be 1.0L - at a proportionately higher price, 'natch). Just note that the monkeys passed along duty fees to me when mine arrived. Added a bit more to the overall cost. Try to go for a multi-bottle order to reduce the shipping bite (consider sharing an order with someone).

Three Oh, eh? Your just a babe...

my order had been shipped on Thursday and the monkeys came and missed me on friday morning
Is that even physically possible??

No way.

Someone must have been typing under the influence of a bit of the potent stuff tucked away in reserve. :shock:

I'm not sure of pricing your way but Henri Bardouin is about $15 to $20 cheaper than absente in Montana.  I think it tastes better, too.  And a good bottle of arak is cheaper still.  Unfortunately, arak is shipped from California or I drive 100 miles to Missoula.  There's goes that cost break.

What's Henri Bardouin, a type of Arak? I've never heard of it. What I'd like to find over here is Herbisant, isn't that a pastis and therefore legal? I don't know...

Henri Bardouin is pastis, one of the better kinds available. It's still pastis, though. Herbsaint isn't pastis, it's a different anise liquor based on absinthe.

Pastis is a very specific recipe, not a general term for any drink that's based on absinthe.

Huh, that's odd. I was under the impression that pastis is a type of drink in and of itself. More specifically, an absinthe sans A. Absinthium...

So, what usually goes into a pastis? I mean, I thought things like Pernod, Ricard, Absente, Herbisant were all "pastis?"

What's the difference between all of them?

And does anyone know anywhere to get Henri Bardouin in New Jersey? Is it usually with the Pernod/Ricard, et al or somewhere else in the liquor store?

Pastis is a type of drink, but more specific than absinthe without wormwood. If it was absinthe without wormwood, it would probably replace Arak as the substitute of choice.

Pastis uses primarily star anise, as well as licorice root. It's usually coloured with caramel (or perhaps sometimes with macerated herbs in addition). It's sweet and nasty and actually does taste like black licorice (as opposed to anise).

Ricard is a pastis, but I'm not sure about Pernod. I think Pernod is based on pastis, but with some slight differences. I don't think modern Herbsaint is a pastis. I know the original recipe wasn't, but I'm sure there are others here on the board that can confirm that. Henri Bardouin should be in that section.

If you need to go fly fishing, hiking with bears or snowboarding, I can take you to a lovely little package store in Bigfork, MT that keeps Henri Bardouin on the shelf. The last time I was in NJ, a State Trooper strongly advised me to go home and not return. That was over 25 years ago and I have heeded his advice.

My package arrived from LdF today. Most of us would like instant gratification but sometimes the wait is worth it.

To a pleasant evening :cheers:

my order had been shipped on Thursday and the monkeys came and missed me on friday morning
Is that even physically possible??

shall I post the emails and upload the info from the flying monkeys? (its been a week...i dont have the flying monkey info anymore)

actually, my assumption is that the email was sent at least 12 hours after the product was actually shipped....i mean it seemed impossible to me too...but, add in time zones change and all....it happened! really. I have no need to lie. I swear on my grand mother's grave this happened.

figure...UK (london?) to NYC, leaves UK early thursday. Arrives NYC late thursday afternoon or thursday evening. loaded onto the flying monkey trucks and driven through NYC, accross the hudson river to jersey city. Delivered friday morning...I missed them, picked it up from the monkeys on sat, drank all day sat so I never made any follow up posts until now. Drinking yummy absinthe now.