hectma

Show Off Your Gear

Kitty, I'm so envious I could scratch your eyes out. What a magnificent setup! What a gorgeous space!

Cool. I want a big pillar!

You're either born with one or not.

:laf:

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! The bar was my Pappy's day gift to Grouchy.

Brooks, you're going to have to come down for a good old fashioned cat fight. :devil:

So...we are hoping to have a gathering in August.

I'm more interested in the top row...
You and me both.

Why is it I don't blink spending $100 on a bottle of absinthe, but I feel naughty spending that much on Scotch which is actually worth it?

Wow, some of you have some really nice stuff! I don't have much but I do have six glasses, eight spoons and a repo fountain. Now I need some absinthe for I am almost out.

Nice, nice goodies Ladies and Gentlemen!!! :cheers:

Sub, I envy you with the amount of spoons and glasses! That's the next step for me. I seem to have lost my only spoon, which isn't that big of a deal, because it was a crappy one that came with a gift set of the Americanized Absente stuff.

I know that there are a lot ov Virginia residents here on WS. Do any of you personally know Kirk Burkett, the silversmith who makes spoons? If not personally, then do any of you at least have any contact information?

:cheers: Came across this receptacle whilst meandering around Oklahoma City.

DSC00280.jpg

You tip the boot at an angle and fill up the toe to your limit and louche to the tunes of Austin's Hawaiian Band.

You might also balance that razor’s edge between thrifty and cheap I do. I desire the proper glasses and an elegant fountain. At the same time unique items have their place as well.

Having a good Thrift Store route pays off as far as obtaining a stock of great, though mismatched, glasses and goblets. A sharp eye uncovers uncommon crystal or a samovar (do a search on eBay) that makes an inexpensive single fountain – sometimes just the tap is worth the price of the entire item.

These treasure hunts can serve many purposes. Saving money, shiny artifacts and (to me, equally critical) saving a treasure from being destroyed.

As an example:

I purchased around 10 pieces (under $30) this week here are the best two.

Hummm - attachments are not working for me right now and the ice is melting. I'll try later.

:cheers:

"..I'm not bright about doing things - but if you just bend the nail down in the back...."

the Scarecrow

nope attachments still not working - maybe I've got the format wrong

Edited by bifford