hectma

Show Off Your Gear

Agreed.

Bah! All these antiques...really? Who wants century-old drool and bacteria? Not me! Give me FRESH drool and bacteria!

Here's a great fountain that I enjoy regularly, made by a kindly and talented WS member, a Pontarlier glass from Martin Z's distillery in the Czech Republic,

and a nearly empty bottle of Ridge Blanche. OK... all those antiques are nice... I suppose. :tongue:

ceramic.jpg

Those are nice set ups gentlemen. However I have only two antiques. A glass and a spoon given to me by a very generous fella. Apart from that, I have been using either a home made dripper or a water bottle with loosened cap to louche my absinthe since 2005 when I started on this journey.

Now that's humble.

On eBay France I finally found a terrific deal on an original 'tronc de comptoir' (spoon holder) of the heavy, very popular style that is reproduced by TheFrenchman. The original pairs nicely with my tireline (tip holder).

post-4189-0-38671400-1382656611_thumb.jpg

Be careful people, Melies is aiming at the title of most amazing collection in the US. I suspect his will soon be bigger than mine (innuendo intended, the man knows the difference between the long and the short one).

It's been brought to my attention though that, while I do not care much for Tour Eiffel spoons, they care for me. Ain't it cute ?

tumblr_mva0g3l17A1ria4apo1_1280.jpg

Allo allo! New guy reporting, so please have mercy on my humble trinkets. I just bought this spoon on ebay, I like that it has an actual spoon end on it so that I can use it to extricate olives when I make martinis. Steel spoon, won't tarnish or chip/flake.

I was all set to buy a pontarlier glass and was considering to buy a brouille, but then it occurred to me that our crystal water goblets look an awful lot like the non-pontarlier type absinthe glasses.

And better yet I found this narrow spout vessel that my wife bought, and which I had previously made fun of for looking silly, which pours a light, steady and thin stream of water!

So I think I will drink absinthe on the cheap for a while :)

The only thing I need to ask myself is do I want to pay way too much money for sugar cubes just because they are wrapped in a little green paper that says Absinthe....

cuill_re.jpg

photo.jpg​