hectma

Show Off Your Gear

It has been over a year, so I figured I was due for an update :twitchsmile: I have a few more pieces incoming a tall order on my "to get" list yet. I would like to thank my good friend Michele, who has helped me out in many ways, especially sharing much valuable info and advice. Also Mr Marc Thuillier, who has also taken the time to answer every single one of the hundreds of questions I have asked him over the last couple years. The bottom shelf is kind of a work in progress. Things recently overflowed from the top two shelves. Over time, I plan to build up the bottom to a similar level as the other two. Right now, the top of my want list is a Cusenier see-saw brouilleur.

IMG_2289_zpsadda8ee6.jpg

IMG_2290_zpsd81d2db7.jpg

IMG_2292_zps9bb7ef9d.jpg

IMG_2291_zps3105a5ce.jpg

IMG_2293_zps7bc10667.jpg

Also Mr Marc Thuillier, who has also taken the time to answer every single one of the hundreds of questions I have asked him over the last couple years.

My Pleasure :)

Nice collection!

You should be very, very proud. What's the story behind the pelican (besides being a super unique piece)?

I would like to thank my good friend Michele, who has helped me out in many ways, especially sharing much valuable info and advice.

Congrats on your collection! I am happy that I could share some tips from my own learning curve. Still learning and enjoying that there is so much to learn in the world of absinthe antiques!

Not only are there very nice things, the way you presented them is quite gorgeous. I love the museum vibe :)

There are some things that are we plan to have in our collections beforehand. Am I correct if I assume you are looking for a Joanne ? :) Or is there another reason for such a peculiar picture ?

Anyway, working with Michelle and Marc, you couldn't go wrong :)

Not only are there very nice things, the way you presented them is quite gorgeous. I love the museum vibe :)

There are some things that are we plan to have in our collections beforehand. Am I correct if I assume you are looking for a Joanne ? :) Or is there another reason for such a peculiar picture ?

Anyway, working with Michelle and Marc, you couldn't go wrong :)

Thanks a lot for the compliment on how I have arranged everything!! It means a lot! I would absolutely LOVE to have a Joanne. That picture was actually Marc's business card hehe. Slowly, I am acquiring things that make me feel like I finally have an okay collection. In the coming months, I am hoping to do better :shifty:

After another acquisition which is pending right now, I REALLY want an ouraline torsade and a Cuillere 6. Those are at the very top of my want list.

Edited by ilovesharinfoo

Thanks a lot Scott!

I had a LOT of inspiration from your first book! I sat on the couch and looked and read through many, MANY times, aspiring to it. Your current collection is doubly awesome now!

I wish now that I was able to take some better photos of what I have.. I just can't get them to turn out in such a way to do any justice to the pieces. It may be part the camera, but probably more so the operator. Next time I may resort to my iPhone :twitchsmile:

You should be very, very proud. What's the story behind the pelican (besides being a super unique piece)?

Thanks a lot!

Here is some more info on it:

http://www.oxygenee.com/absinthe/pichets1.html

I just had the chance to use it yesterday and it is very nice. The hole in the beak is very, very small and it pours nicely. However, being so fragile and rare I was a little more nervous than usual using it compared to say, one of my glass carafes. I am really pleased to have been able to add it to my collection. I learned a lot about St Clement pichets along the way as well.

1934 Herbsaint booklet ( First year ), part of a group of liquor booklets I snagged cheap.

Now all I need is the Legendre Absinthe booklet variation.

34herbsaintcopy_zps4625afd8.jpg

You and Michele have MANY, GREAT pieces. As always, I am very envious of them!

Well, it seems like you are doing pretty well yourself! I really find your presentation inspiring! :thumbup:

Here's a cool little folding cabinet with a handle, that I found today at a yard sale for $5. It makes a nice display for absinthe trinkets, eh? Three of my favorite absinthes seem to enjoy being in it.

case.jpg

Edited by Scott M.

Living in California I sure don't expect to find absinthe antiques in my local antique co-op. Imagine my surprise while poking around in one today when I came across an original 'topette' and a 'torsadé' glass. It seems the vendor who owns that space is French, and there were lots of terrific antique bottles and other French goodies. The topette was overpriced and missing the proper stopper, but the glass was a bargain so I snapped it up. It will be put back into service tonight for the first time in who knows how many years....

post-4189-0-97291700-1379892783_thumb.jpg