hectma

Show Off Your Gear

I've made some, but Joe and Bill's masterpieces were comissioned by Gwydion from a true artist in his area a few years ago.

very cool, only thing better than a French friend is a... well I can't think of anything right now because I like the French I know. L.O.L.

I gotta say I did hit some antique shops and was both disappointed and happy that I found no absinthe related gear. If it was too common I may not be as interested, Luscious Oily Lesbians! <-- I'm just leaving it this time, haha

Edited by Titus

Great album Phoenix - I'm not jealous at all ;)

I think the way Vignette app takes pictures really fits the subject and composition, so it's work the money. One thing that I'd like to see is some information about what the picture is of (make, where / when / how you got it etc) It's purely because I'm new to the world of Absinthe, and any info is a great help.

On a brocante, which is an open air antique market.

There are rare occasions like that, but they happen. That particular morning I was quite lucky : for 33€ I scored a Pontarlier glass, this spoon, a full topette (with bouchon) and another bouchon.

It was my best morning ever :)

Very cool. the picture below is the extent of my 'gear' collection. It was a Christmas gift from mom. Fountain, two spoons, two glasses to get me started. I love it!

fountain.jpg

On a brocante, which is an open air antique market.

There are rare occasions like that, but they happen. That particular morning I was quite lucky : for 33€ I scored a Pontarlier glass, this spoon, a full topette (with bouchon) and another bouchon.

It was my best morning ever :)

wish i lived in France..........

I was looking for a serving tray to bring my drink, sugar, carafe etc from my kitchen bar to my cofffee table where I picture myself drinking my new 4 bottles a lot. I saw that a legit one was plain like a french cafe style belle epoque style, after some searching I found a large tray that looks like a Louche forming, I know I will be the only one to see this and it will be just "look cool" to visitors, what do you guys think? Badass Louche Tray? or Dud

post-3355-1300313274_thumb.jpg

For my 2nd glass tonight, I went old school and tried out this lovely old les Feuilles #25 spoon that arrived today. It fit this east glass like it was made for it, and the antique beak carafe poured a perfect thin stream of water. The spoon did a nice job of "battering" the absinthe below as the louche formed. I find a peacefulness with using these old pieces. I do not go past 2 glasses with the old gear though!

trad.jpg

If I was in to "things," I'd be terribly envious of both of you guys. Nice tray and a great spoon! :cheers:

Um, I hope everyone is cool with drinking their absinthe out of Donald Duck Orange Juice cans at RMGH. :mellow:

For me the antiques are about the history...that is something with meaning for me. There is something tactile and wonderful about pieces that thousands may have used in a bistro in the 1800s...so many human stories, it's kind of magical. I do however, have (and use) a 1 pint pyrex measuring cup that pours a great stream Joe, it just doesn't make for a romantic photo!

I'm all about tupperware. Different sizes and colors. If I want to get "pinkies out" fancy, I may use a wine glass. I'm all about utility and Tupperware. You can run over those things and they'll still hold a decent drink. :devil: