hectma

Show Off Your Gear

Here's TGO's thread on the Barrique.

As for the Doubs, I think it's a lot better than folks give it credit for. Yes, it's an "oil mix", but it's a very, very good one. The pine taste is actually very complimentary to the other tastes in absinthe, which might be why the Pernot people made the Un Emile Sapin. There is no gin taste at all, that's hogwash.

I do think it's helped by more water, though. I tend to pour it at 1:4, rather than my standard 1:3.

I have a lot of really good absinthes, but my bottle of Doubs was full when I bought it a month ago, and now it's down past half. I ain't drinkin' it to be polite...

Damn Wild Bill, Half a bottle in a month? If i like it, I'll drink half a bottle in one night!.......Maybe that's why my hangover's are so bad on this stuff! Hmmmmm!

Well, bear in mind that there are other absinthes that I drink a lot more often, and more of when I drink them. Brands like the Monty or the Doubs, I drink one glass of every few nights to surprise a palate that's gotten used to the Blanchette, the NO, and the FG.

So I had a thought... Could I find an old ceramic water crock & turn it into a single fountain?

The answer is YES!

for 10 bucks I bought this on ebay & ordered a valve for another 6 bucks. I need to find a stand still but it works great.

post-241-1145069023_thumb.jpg

Some kind of flower pot stand like this might be a nice way to go. I think a four-legged stand would be nicer looking than a pillar.

Quadrate%20stand.jpg

This is Pensieve's and my current set up.

post-43-1146613738.jpg

I wish we had a cool repro fountain but this does the job and cost around $20.00

This is Pensieve's and my current set up.

I wish we had a cool repro fountain but this does the job and cost around $20.00

Awwww, you didn't spring for the absinthe green glass pebbles?

I put this together this morning, just need the right inspiration.

Third time is the charm. No leaks. Slow drip. Decent drink. Ah, what a day.

:cheers:

Thanks

Being a redneck I resort to "our" ways. Wandering through Hobby Lobby there was a can of paint reaching out to me. I think the glass lid turned out pretty decent also.

It's called a spray can tune-up.

;)

For the money, I feel it turned out just fine.

Nice.  How'd you get the spigots silver?

I seem to remember some place selling the spigots in a Chrome model. I think they were almost twice the price though.

Edit:

Link from Auguru.

As for the Doubs, well...others seem to like it but I can't say that I do. Somebody else around here (or FV) described it as tasting like gin mixed with Pine-Sol and I don't really disagree with that. I thought it smelled and tasted like a rabbit's cage.

I recognized your review at eAbsinthe. :wacko: