hectma

Show Off Your Gear

A little preview for Tales.

Joseph A. Legendre, J. Marion Legendre's Dad, and founder of Legendre's Drugstore.

JALegendre.jpg

post-2400-1242265924_thumb.jpg

OK, so I bought a bottle of Jade Nouvelle-Orléans some time ago and decided to open it tonight (call me crazy for waiting so long), cutting through the green wax and the corkscrew.

So, now I've shifted everything around once more (not pictured) to include it.

best t keep the glassware safe on the bottom with their own wormwood spoons, next to sugar lumps and the saucers close to the Earth. Well balanced with a double tier to ensure weight distribution,,,,, oh heck I don't know what I'm talking about....

blah blah blah.

I can say I found that a grapeseed oil cork works well to cap the bottle off of my remaining Jade Nouvelle-Orléans.

So, this is what remains of my absinthe cabinet for now. Didn't fill the fountain, but have found that a very good portable (in the fridge at the ready) "dripper for one" is improvised with an old Kikoman soy sauce glass bottle (try it, you might just like it; also not shown).

The new rule is that I need to drink down some of these bottles (who I like to think of as good "friends" living in a cabinet) before I add new ones. I'll be a while...

Best thing is sharing with real friends who can appreciate these as you all know.

Not "showing off" surely as you've seen much beter.

Some people would be ashamed of a few of these brands, but I still can enjoy the intentions and nuances to make the better absinthes ever more worth every penny spent.

What I love is French and Swiss in absinthe, but the market availability of new listings is intriguing, so I may add some more "friends" to join the others in the cabinet. I started with the pictured small Absente bottle (next to the American packaged versions) bought in the Paris airport before I had to come back to the states.

Best thing is sharing with real friends who can appreciate these as you all know.

Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner!

Nice cabinet. *smile*

To your health, Cheers!

have found that a very good portable (in the fridge at the ready) "dripper for one" is improvised with an old Kikoman soy sauce glass bottle (try it, you might just like it; also not shown).

Intriguing... easier to get that thin stream! I still want to get my carafe work solid (stick shift) before driving an automatic (slushbox).

:pirate:

God help me when I start getting into vintage rather than repro. gear. Also the same applies when I get my first taste of pre-ban. This is why I don't collect vinyl...

It's alot worse when you're a musician ;)

The first pic is my makeshift setup from this weekend upon the first taste of absinthe for my girlfriend and I. Note her marine biology books used to boost our sangria/iced tea jar with spigot!

3549657535_24dd5d6b35_o_d.jpg

This next pic has only one piece of gear (the glass on the right, from the mid-20th century and nice and heavy), but the Bernise "Super Anise" wine tube (which I now call my absinthe tube) and the matted and sealed Lautrec print are worthy enough to include. All for less than twelve bucks, even! Now I have an "everyday" glass to use instead of being so careful with my thin Lucid bubble glasses. (The shop also had a Périgord Flute glass, but I don't much care for that style. Still, it was also very solid and heavy glass, so I might pick it up tomorrow, too).

3549657633_ee8dd6f558_o_d.jpg

Dang good start Jay. Those jars work well and so do the books. They're all multi taskers for sure.*smile*

Nice poster also. *thumbs up*

To your health, Cheers!

I have been wondering if it is an optical illusion or is there something inside that water fountain? It looks like two glasses.

I have been wondering if it is an optical illusion or is there something inside that water fountain? It looks like two glasses.

Ah yes, sorry, I forgot to mention that. We didn't have enough ice to fill the 'fountain' up to the half way or even quarter way mark with water and have it very cold, so we put in a couple of empty glasses (those hand-blown glasses you can get in Mexico) for the sake of displacement, so that the water line would be raised high enough to reach the spigot. Necessity giving birth to invention!

There have been some folks that will put glass marbles or green beads in the bottom of the vessel for displacement. It adds a little color but your idea was quite creative. *thumbsup*

Thought I'd participate. That being said, I am nowhere near some of the finest collectors nor some of the collectors who exposed here (saw some collections last week for the sale at the museum in auvers which made my heart stop)

dscf0778.jpg

(the only non vintage thing in the stuff above is the foutain)

verres.jpg

cuillers.jpg

There again, only the artemisa is modern

contenants.jpg

dscf0781modifie.jpg

I Have some additional stuff (a croix suisse not shown here, and some spoons I got this morning)

Long time since I've posted a few gears here.

A carafe collar :

IMG_8136MS.jpg

A chip :

L1010706F.jpg

L1010705F.jpg

A pillbox with an inside mirror :

L1010695F.jpg

L1010692F.jpg

A contrabandist case with absinthe & rhum phials :

L1010714F.jpg

L1010718F.jpg

L1010721F.jpg

A thick and heavy glass (420g) showing a honeycomb pattern instead of the usual swirls (and a 5cl dose!) :

IMG_8143MS.jpg

A Louis Philippe glass :

L1010565MS.jpg

I think I'm going to need a towel.

Marc's stuff is always a treat and then Ridge scores a pot.

I reckon it wouldn't do any good to post my new shoelaces. *wink*

Cool stuff indeed ..... both of you. <drool>

Obviously, no one beats Sock's findings (finally I know who to murder in Boveresse and divide the stash between me and Absomphe :devil: ), yet I believe I can show what I have at the moment:

ri9sli.jpg

205885v.jpg

I believe for myself and for guests it is just enough.

If that seesaw is vintage, that's truly a thing I'll be jealous of Bogumil :) The Croix Suisse aren't though, are they ?

Already told you Mthuilli, but as always, you have some of the most interesting & beautiful stuff there is out there.

Ok, here's the piece found last week and ending my season

dscf0782modifie.jpg

It's only a 19 - thirties one, but it's in a very good shape, and working :)

Warning : the glasses under it were sold with it, but they're not genuine vintage absinthe glasses. Just thought they were gorgeous anyway ;)

Edited by Aggelos

Speechless.

If that seesaw is vintage, that's truly a thing I'll be jealous of Bogumil :)

So, do not be jealous as it is not vintage, hehe. Yet, as a gift from a friend I hold it in very high esteem.

The Croix Suisse aren't though, are they ?

Yes, these are a limited edition gold and silver-plated replicas.

Still jealous. :) :cheers:

Socky, the pillbox and honeycomb glass are gorgeous! I look forward to your posts in this thread. :cheers:

Aggelos, I like how your new/old fountain looks like a really classy streetlamp. It's the kind of streetlamp I'd like in my home. :biggrin: