hectma

Show Off Your Gear

Finally, I achieved to get a vintage absinthe Bourgeois chromo advertising.

Now I have to act like a cat everyday including when I'm sipping absinthe.

absinthebourgeois-s.jpg

...™

your decanter makes me jealous, I'll be dreaming about it tonight. Where did you get it? I have to have a drink.

Sweet chromo!

I find it interesting with all the current interest in fountains, that most chormos I've seen (or reproductions there of) depict carafs instead of fountains.

your decanter makes me jealous, I'll be dreaming about it tonight. Where did you get it? I have to have a drink.

Try not to lose too much sleep waiting for an answer to that. The moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on.

The Geniune Zip Lock Trailer-Park Absinthe Dripper

trailerparkdripper.jpg

Necessity can be a mother.. while you wait for your fountain there are many handy tools around the house that can substitute for an absinthe dripper atop your glass.

Mine happens to be a Zip Lock... how Trailer Park can one get!

- Linda

Linda

Coming from a long line of trailer park trash..I applaud your creativity!! bravo! Nothing stands between a resourceful woman and her absinthe!

sabrina :cheers:

You're not the only one. :wave2:

The Trailer Park Brouilleur is a study in spare elegance. My hat is off to you.

Are you thinking to get a fountain?

Put your absinthe in a Polkal. Sweet.

I love the trailer trash brouillier. My only question is, I've always used the term "zip lock" when specifically and exclusive referring to those baggies with press-seal tops, do I need to broaden my usage?

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking the T.T. Brouilleur looks like one of those little condiment containers that comes with Chinese take-out.

Nomenclature aside, it's still a very creative solution.

I love the trailer trash brouillier. My only question is, I've always used the term "zip lock" when specifically and exclusive referring to those baggies with press-seal tops, do I need to broaden my usage?

"Ziploc" being a brand name, also makes plastic containers in addition to the zipper seal baggies. I have a set of 4 sammich sized (yeah, I just said "sammich") ziploc containers...they're the dirt-cheap, sorta-disposable sealable containers that get about 3-5 uses as opposed to the virtually indestructable Tupperware stuff.

We bought a bunch of the Polkal glasses for HAN II just to make sure that we had enough. I wanted to get an order in with Rene, but needed to put the money elsewhere.

And it seems to be getting harder to find that virtually indestructible tupperware stuff. All the food storage containers for sale here (PriceChopper, local grocery stores) are of the "disposable" kind. No tupperware to be found.

Dang. Nearest IKEA is two hours away. Living in the sticks has it's downside.

Thanks for the tips, Trid! Just the perfect price when you need lots of glasses for those bigger absinthe parties. Living where I do, there are IKEAs just around every corner... almost. :)

(Btw, it's pokal, not poLkal – it's Swedish for "goblet")

do I need to broaden my sausage?
Well, some think breadth is almost more important than length, so... why not.

You guys don't know what getto/trailer trash is until you make an Absinthe glass/dripper set out of two plastic beer cups at the ball game.

Place Absinthe from a smuggled pocket flask into one cup and ice into a second with a little hole punched into the bottom with one's watchband stem and taaaa daaaa, baseball is fun again.