Jade NO is my current favorite. Though it changes quite often. I guess it's up to my mood.

My hubby.. gfxmonkey liked the citronella one!!@@!! :wacko:

He also likes the NO as well. I dont think you can go wrong ordering that one, though I think a simpler taste would be best for your first one.

I had Kübler 65 first, then the FG, followed by the NO then the Montmartre.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy.

I liked the NO when I first opened the bottle. I poured it into several 33cl bottles and corked them, then finished what was in the NO Bottle at a pig picking.

Later I opened one of the 33cl bottles, and it was fine about half way through then it started developing a rather bit of a sharpness to it. I havn't started on the remaining 33cl bottle yet, but am interested to see if it progresses the same way.

I tried the NO for the first time last night, along with the Edouard. I really liked the NO, found it quite interesting, unique tasting and very refreshing. Really nice. However, I wasn't so in love with the Edouard. Maybe my expectations were too high. I liked it fine, but for the price I don't think I would buy a bottle, and I don't think it compares to my favourites. The NO however, I would buy. Have yet to try the VS, but popularity seems to favour the Eddie and NO, at least amongst folk around here.

For commercial labels, I have tasted nothing finer than the NO. I've been through the windowsill soakers, and a couple of Spanish false colored absinthes, before finding some (now formerly) clandestine Swiss and French bottles; those ranged from pleasant to extraordinary. I've been sampling the selections of LdF for the past few years and have been disappointed by only the Emile(s).

My lady and I don't really share the same taste in most absinthes, but we both agree on how good the NO is, and how neither of us care for Emile. I like La Bleue & the Brut d'alambic, she likes the Montmartre and Eichelberger. We're waiting on some François Guy...

~k~

Just opened my NO and it seemsless anise-y more herb-y than the VS & E.

Of course, that is not all bad in my eyes.

And my toungue hasn't gone numb... yet...

(like it did with the VS)

*edited my transpositions!*

Edited by Die Gruene Fee

That sounds bad. I'm imagining all these zombie threads rising up one night from The Abyss and stealing our absinthe while we sleep. It'd be a terrible mess.

So what do we do? Um, Fearless Leader?

I'm certainly not the leader but, bumping these older threads makes me appreciate how far we've come in members and quality mindedness. The folks that do the bumping are definitely doing their research.

It looks as though folks are making a decent effort. JMHO. :wave2: