Sign in to follow this  
Heure Verte

700 PPM of thujone in vintage absinthes !

Yesterday, I've been visited in my shop by someone working for the distillerie who's making... Absente.

He was here to propose me to sell this product. As you know, all this story of "vintage absinthe was a green poison full of thujone, Absente is cleared from its dangerous component" is coming from Absente.

I declined his proposition and asked him to produce a good quality absinthe by using any old recipe : he told me it was impossible since vintage absinthe contained 700 PPM of Thujone.

I explained him the truth about it but he seemed to not believe me. I told him we were fighting his bullshit theory every day and asked him to tell his boss that vintage absinthe were not not toxic or thujone poison but I don't think he'll do it.

During the conversation, i thought about hanging him in my basement.

>I told him we were fighting his bullshit theory every day and asked him to tell his boss that vintage absinthe were not not toxic or thujone poison but I don't think he'll do it.

nice!

post-49-1140866873_thumb.jpg

wall him up in the catacombs deep beneath your shop. Leave the last brick out and taunt him to recant his position on the green poison nonsense.

I told him we were fighting his bullshit theory every day

It makes me smile when a Frenchman uses the word bullshit.

A guy I work with brought back a bottle of Absente from Paris, and it has a totally different box than the US version. No pic of Van Gogh. Instead it has pictures of Dali-esque looking melting creatures and stuff. It said something about having thujone on the label.

Stupid.

Absente really wants to become the next Hills of BS don't they.

Interesting. I've searched a bit but can't find any official mention of the EU version being any different than the US. It seems like they want you to buy their overpriced extract and add it to your overpriced pastis to get fake absinthe.

Thing is, it's the same guy doing marketing for Absente that made Absolut Vodka the great US success it is. They have all the marketing power they need. HE is the guy we should pound with the truth. Over and over and ...

Maybe the best way is to give him some good samples and tell him that if others can produce decent absinthe the right way and market it, he should be able to do it too. Why bother with crap that has to by hyped with lies?

Positive encouragement may work better than ridicule and condmenation (alone).

It also should be hammered into him that those fighting the myths have a wider reach than he might think and playing on those myths might just backfire by making the company look like a bunch of liars (which they seem to be).

Exactly. If they just cut that crap and stuck by doing this the same way they manage to pull off the Henri Bardouin Pastis they'd be good. There are plenty of Spanish absentas that taste similar to the Absente and manage to stay in business without thujone hyping.

Haha.

This is funny. I'm finishing the hardwood flooring I put in my house last weekend...doing the molding and finishing - drinking Absente. :dribble:

This stuff tastes like shit. Seriously. But its cheaper than shipping on a decent bottle of absinthe, and it doesn't deplete the reserves of the good stuff. That, and after ~3 glasses or so, some odd second fairies start flying around.

However, no Dali-esque melting paintings here.

Shit, if there were, I'd be in trouble with the mitre-saw right now - big time! :laf:

What a crock. Its too bad that shit like this is keeping us from having decent absinthe legal here.

Ugh.

Positive encouragement may work better than ridicule and condmenation (alone).

Very True Jaded. HOwever bashing the sales rep in the head a few times for 10 hours straight and kicking him in the genitals for 14 hours would prevent him from having cognitive abilities and the ability to produce offspring to continue the ignorance...

And Hell...its more fun.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hanging would have been too swift a death. You should have tied him to chair, put on a gimp suit, placed your Brouille Cusenier over his head and begin water torture. That's gettin real medieval on this @ss.